Vice President of Sales
Job Title: Vice President of Sales
Direct Report: CEO / Sales Advisory Board
Type: Full-time, salaried
Location: Home office or local ACCESS office
Headquartered in San Diego, ACCESS is a fast-growth travel industry leader and best-in-class B2B live event and destination management company. Approaching $100 million in annual revenue, the company is comprised of 16 independently owned & operated businesses with 19 brick and mortar offices that collectively deploy sales and marketing efforts together under a Cooperative business structure.
Currently having three national salespeople, ACCESS is looking to build a multi-layered, best-in-class national sales organization (“NSO”) made up of 4 or more National Directors of Business Development. This group would be led by, and report to, the Vice President of National Sales (“VP Nat Sales”).
The VP Nat Sales will provide leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to ACCESS, representing the 19 offices that comprise the brand. As the organization’s senior-most sales leader, the VP Sales is accountable for performance of the NSO, driving return on investment and the profitable achievement of goals, and for aligning sales objectives with brand strategy.
- Manage the NSO team, including the initial 4 National Directors of Business Development. Drive the overall sales growth plan for ACCESS, aligning NSO structure & objectives to fit Cooperative business strategy & goals. Develop necessary expectations and systems to support these goals.
- Actively participate with the Cooperative Board, Sales Task Force (“STF”) and ACCESS Partners (location owners) in all sales-related strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- With company leadership, build a plan for the long-term evolution of the NSO model. Be accountable for effective sales organization design, including development of roles/responsibility sets; territory development/definition; and compensation programs.
- Participate in and build key customer relationships; engage in closing strategic opportunities; establish and maintain productive peer-to-peer relationships with customers and prospects.
- Meet and exceed targets for profitable sales volume, market share, and other key financial performance objectives. Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Develop and document plans and strategies for building business in key accounts/sectors and achieving the company’s sales goals. Define sales processes to drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Deploy the ACCESS salesforce.com CRM system across the NSO; ensure compliance and consistent input of information and data related to customer and prospect interactions.
- Work closely with the ACCESS Marketing department to establish successful support, channel and partner programs.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions.
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement. Lead learning and development throughout the sales organization and provides stewardship of sales and sales management talent. Through active partnership with the STF and other Partner groups, oversee the effective delivery of training and development programs, actively assess the value of such investments, and monitor outcomes to ensure high ROI.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships.
- The VP Sales will be actively involved at a variety of levels including industry panels. Committees and boards as well as speaking engagements with self-produced topics on industry trends, DMC trends etc.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 15 years of sales management experience in the hospitality/travel/tourism industry, in a business-to-business sales environment. Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (“MICE”) sector experience, and relationships therein, is strongly preferred.
- Successful experience in the following:
- Building a go-to-market strategy and corporate sales plan o Building and growing a sales team
- Selling MICE or related services to corporate buyers and/or third-party incentive companies
- Monitoring and evaluating Sales Manager progress against stated expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behavior with performance expectations
- Managing a team of salespeople
- Indirectly influencing a team of 25+ salespeople
- Managing key customer relationships and closing strategic opportunities (6 and 7 figure deals)
- Utilizing Salesforce CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data
Please click here to submit your resume.