Sales Manager - Chicago
Job Title: Sales Manager
Direct Report: Partners
Type: Full-time, salaried
Location: Chicago Office
Hours: Monday-Friday | 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
As a Sales Manager, your job includes but is not limited to the primary responsibilities as outlined below. Though subject to change throughout the year, key areas of responsibilities include:
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Self-Motivated Sales Drive
- Problem-solving, On-the-job training approach
- Friendly and thoughtful event and program planning
- Exceptional Organization with ability to multi-task on on-going basis
- Creative Concepting
POSITION ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sales Responsibility:
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with primary and secondary hotels at Sales and Conference Service Manager levels
- Manage clients from lead generation to contract including initial lead generation, proposal development, follow-up, and contracting
- Develop program and events throughout the Chicago area, including creative and logistical concepting
- Work independently and with Sales Coordinators to develop creative proposals and detailed budget documents
- Responsible for program gross profit for all programs sold
- Manage personal sales goal, as established with management
- Participate in industry events – MPI, Site, etc.
- Plan and participate in site inspections as needed
- Management of bureau and hotel leads lists
- Past client solicitation
- Active contributor to ACCESS Referral system
- Proactive schedule planning to develop continuous stream of leads
- Client contracting and initial deposit management
- Ongoing management of Salesforce database
- Update proposal templates as needed
- Plan and manage client events and FAMs
- Develop thorough and organized program turnovers, including supplier holds and initial contracts as necessary
- Assist with program operations (planning, contracting and execution) as needed
Suppliers / Vendors
- Build, maintain and/ or establish supplier knowledge and relationships
- Actively pursue new ideas and creative program concepts
- Minimum of three years of proven sales ability in a consultative, service-oriented company.
- Experience in the hospitality industry and event logistics for corporate clientele.
- Ability to achieve in a competitive, team, and results-oriented environment and industry.
- Self-motivation skills, with strong leadership ability.
- Ability to problem solve, work independently and in a team environment.
- An aptitude for networking, building relationships with clients, hoteliers and industry colleagues.
- Knowledge of the destination, including venues, hotels, activities, and trends.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and ability to build relationships over the phone.
This position is required to the enclosed physical requirements of the position.
Regularly: Stand, walk, handle and operate office equipment, reach outward and above shoulder and carry, pull, push or lift up to 25 lbs. The employee must be able to see close up and at a distance with vision acuity and the ability to adjust focus allowing a broad field of vision. The employee must communicate clearly and effectively, must understand and be understood.
Occasionally: Climb, crawl, squat, kneel and lift up to 40 lbs.
Rarely: Carry, pull, push or lift 50 lbs. or more with or without assistance.
This list is not all inclusive and represents examples of the work environment and physical demands.
Please send resume and contact info to: firstname.lastname@example.org